Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My Childhood Memories

I am Mishuk Mahbub, a freelance graphic designer and SEO professional. I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I was born in Dhaka city, but my home district is Noakhali.


When I was two years old, my family moved from Dhaka to Narayangonj as my father was a government officer and his job posting was there. Narayangonj was full of natural beauty and I have my whole childhood there. We lived in a government officers’ quarter which was by the side of Shitalakkha River. I have so many childhood memories full of adventures. We used to swim in the river and the ponds, and sometimes we used to catch fishes.  Sometimes we used to spend our whole day in the river or the ponds during the hot days of summer. We loved to climb the trees. There were a lot of trees and different types of trees were there including Mango, Jackfruit, Berry, Guava, Banyan, Shishu, Devdaru etc. We used to climb Mango, Blackberry and Guava trees very often and pick the fruits and eat them. We used to play Football and Cricket on the playground adjacent to our homes. It was more fun if it had rained. Playing football in the rain was really awesome. I enjoyed my childhood very much and I would go back to my childhood if I could.




Everyone has a favorite superhero, but my superhero was my dad. My dad taught me how to swim and how to ride a bicycle. My dad taught me most of the lessons that are needed to move on the path of life. We lived in Narayangonj till I was in class Six before we moved back to Dhaka. I got admitted in class Seven at a local school in Dhaka. I started my new life at Gandaria in the old city.

Gandaria was a bit different than other parts of the city as it had a small railway station. Trains travelling between Dhaka and Narayangonj stop at the station. After passing one year at the local school, I got a chance for admission in Ideal School & College at Motijheel, Dhaka. I have started again in class Seven there and lost one year of my life. I am still living in Gandaria. Our home is a four storied building which has a big size rooftop. As there is a lack of open spaces in Dhaka, and no fields to play, rooftop became my playground. We used to play football and cricket on the rooftop. My mom also started a rooftop garden. The garden was so much beautiful and full of different kinds of flowers and fruits. We have had even a small Mango tree on the rooftop which grew Mangoes for a couple of years. Now we have many pairs of Pigeons on the rooftop. We also had chickens and ducks when we were in Narayangonj.


Actually leaving Narayangonj almost like a nightmare to me.that was my land of childhood and full of natural beauties and childhood adventures. I still remember those days and miss them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment